Saturday, January 7, 2012

jumping right in

I've always been a perfectionist.  Not a perfect one, mind you.  Just a failing perfectionist that has never allowed herself enough grace.
I'm jumping right into this Joy Dare.  I mentioned in yesterday's blog that I have been listing things I'm grateful for since reading One Thousand Gifts back in September.  On her blog, Ann Voskamp issued the Joy Dare.  List 3 things every day that you are thankful for.  Yesterday was the S I X T H day of January.  Not day one.  However....I'm jumping in....right now.  Not going back to day one and starting from number one. Nope!  I'm just going to start here.  I will list the 3 things from yesterday as well as from today.
Even if that's not the "perfect" way to do it. :)

"one thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart"
this wonderful devotional book that my friend Lori gave me,
yummy cuties,
these amazing kids!


And today, Day 7...3 graces from people you love:
  • playing Guesstures with my husband and daughters
  • forgivness, when I said something dumb
  • listening to Jacklyn, age 4, singing her own worship song to Jesus.

No comments: